torsdag 4 maj 2017


Topic 5 - Lessons learnt – future practice

In topic five we were able to reflect on the entire course and our own learning. I guess we are at stage five in the five-stage model (Salmon 2013), in the review mood. I have learned a lot since I started this course and I am very grateful for the learning experience I have had. I am one my way to becoming a true resident online, not only a scared visitor.

Our group’s journey is presented at pathbrite: https://pathbrite.com/ONL171PBL1/tdHu

We managed to try a lot of digital tools, learned a lot by reading the course material and we learned how to work well in an online group environment. We even reached the community level of group collaboration (Brindley et al 2009). I got to experience an online course before I had to introduce one to my students. This gave me the student perspective and it will be a valuable contribution to my own course development.

I will have plenty of future practice since I am designing a blended master program together with my colleges. We will use much of the design features of this ONL-course I have just attended, but we will also keep some aspects of the old structure and add some new ideas from the ONL-course literature.  I really look forward to transforming the knowledge I have received and constructed in the ONL-course into practice. Slowly (as a snail) I am moving towards a more modern digital way of teaching. The important thing is that I want to get there and I now have the tools needed to get started.





Creative Commons CC0

 

References:

Brindley, J., Blaschke, L. M. & Walti, C. (2009). Creating effective collaborative learning groups in an online environment. The International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning, 10(3).

 

Salmon, G (2013) The Five Stage Model. [Homepage] http://www.gillysalmon.com/five-stage-model.html

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar